As parents and caregivers, we do all that we can to ensure the health and safety of the little ones entrusted to our care. Bard & Didriksen Pediatrics is continually devoted to keeping you informed about any safety recalls that may affect the health or well-being of those in your family. The following is a list of some of the recent recalls that may pertain to families with children in the home:
- Kidde Brand Model PI2010 and PI9010 dual-sensor smoke alarms. These smoke alarms have manufacturing caps that can deter the smoke-detecting feature of the alarms, posing a hazard should smoke be present in the home.
- H-E-B GTC halogen lightbulbs. The bulbs may shatter while in use in a lamp or other light fixture, posing laceration, fire and burn hazards.
- Dr. Brown’s Lovey Pacifier & Teether Holders. These loveys are in the shape of various animals such as turtles or deer, among others. The ribbon snaps can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- Tobi Brand Babynest Crib Bumpers. The strings on the bumper exceeds a safe length, posing a strangulation risk.
- Carter’s 3-piece penguin cardigan sets. The toggle button on the cardigan can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- Graco Brand Table 2 Table 6-in-1 Highchairs. The rear legs on this highchair can unexpectedly pivot, creating a fall hazard.
- First Aid Research Brand Maximum Strength Bacitraycin Plus Ointment with Lidocaine. Packaging does not meet federal child-resistant packaging guidelines, posing a poisoning risk to young children who should not be handling the ointment without supervision.
TOYS & MORE:
- Louis Garneau Brand Bicycle Helmets. These bicycle helmets have been found to not be compliant with federal impact requirements for childhood safety.
- Cameron Company- Playtime Pals Pop-Up Hideaway Hut children’s tents. The fiberglass rod used to pop up the tents can break or splinter, creating a laceration hazard.
- Base Brands-Reduce Hydro Pro water bottles. The pink paint on the outside of the bear water bottles contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint standard.
- Radio Flyer Brand Children’s Wagons (electric models). Improper wiring can unexpectedly activate the motor, creating a hazard to an unsuspecting child.
- Nerf Battle Racer go-karts. The steering wheel may detach, break or crack while being used, presenting risk of laceration and/or collision to children.
- Wild & Wolf Brand- Petit Collage Jumbo Wooden Xylophones. The ball on the end of the xylophone mallet stick can separate, posing a choking hazard.
- Munchkin Brand Waterpede bath toys. The toys may break apart, exposing the small parts that pose a choking hazard.
- Cat & Jack Girls’ Star-Studded Skinny Jeans (Target exclusive). The metal stars can detach, posing a laceration hazard.
These items are just a few of the recent recalls that have been announced. In general, recalls are a common occurrence, and should be regarded with utmost importance. Parents and caregivers who have concerns or questions about any of these, or other recalled items, should stop using the product immediately and consult the manufacturer for information regarding repair or replacement. To learn about these recalls and others, click here.