Every parent is gifted with an awesome child and an equally awesome responsibility to provide them care and safety. We at Bard & Didriksen Pediatrics are committed to our families and want to ensure that you remain informed about the latest recalls of toddler and baby items that could pose a health and safety risk.
Already this year, there have been several recalls on items that your children or family may be using daily. The following are some of the recalls listed from January 2018 through March 2018:
Chairs, Seats, Beds, & Strollers
- Nemo Equipment Start Gaze Recliner Chairs: straps can break posing a fall and injury hazard.
- Poppin Pitch Rolling Chairs: seat plate can break and detach posing a fall and injury hazard.
- Britax Child Safety, B.O.B Jogging Strollers: wheel can detach posing a fall and injury hazard.
- Skip Hop Convertible High Chair: front legs can detach posing a fall and injury hazard.
- Rockler I-Semble Murphy Bed Hardware Kits: insufficient support poses an entrapment/tip over risk.
- Multipro Cradle N Swings Bassinet: doesn’t meet Federal Safety Standard posing a fall and entrapment hazard.
- Graco Table2Table 6-in-1 Highchairs: rear legs can pivot out of position causing instability that poses a fall hazard to a child in the chair.
Toddler & Baby Clothes and Accessories
- Tea Collection Vermillion Children’s Rompers: collar snaps can detach posing a choking hazard.
- Alstyle Infant Bodysuits: snaps at the crotch can detach posing a choking hazard.
Toys & Other Items You May Own
- Hunter Douglas Luminette Sheer Blinds: cord restraints on the wand can break posing a strangulation hazard to children.
- VTech Shake & Sing Elephant Rattle: ears can break off posing a choking hazard.
- Vornado Air Sunny Crib-side Space Heater: motor mount can break causing a fire hazard.
- Natureplex Pain & Itch Relief Cream, Walgreens: not child resistant packaging as required by law, contains Lidocaine, posing a poisoning risk to young children and babies.
- Vtech Lights & Lullabies Travel Mobile: clamp can break posing an injury to infant in the crib.
- Fashion Accessory Bazaar Pokemon Fidget Spinner: center post can fall out posing a choking hazard.
- Dr. Brown’s Lovey pacifier & teether holders: snap can detach from the pacifier ribbon, posing a choking hazard.
This list only encompasses some of the recalled items within the timeframe of January 2018 through March 2018, and does not provide all information available about the items listed or their specific models. However, this helpful information should be used to encourage further research into similar products you may own and to report any concerns to the manufacturers as soon as possible. For more information about each product and for additional recalled items, visit the Safe Kids Worldwide website. The recalls lists are updated frequently, so bookmarking their webpage will keep you up-to-date on any new information as it becomes available.
If you have questions or concerns about any baby or child product, stop using the item or items immediately and contact the manufacturer for repair or replacement instructions. For any health-related concerns with your children, contact our office today.