Combi USA has recalled a stroller and car seat combination that could potentially pose a falling hazard for infants. This recall was issued May 4, 2017. No injuries have been reported so far but the United States Product Safety Commission recommends that parents immediately stop using the travel system as a unit.
- The Combi Shuttle Travel System
- Sold through various online retailers
- Between June 2015 and September 2016
- Approximately 1000 units sold
- Colors: Titanium and Red Chili
- Model numbers 6100027 and 6100100
Reason for Recall
- The car seat can come apart from the stroller’s frame and potentially fall with the baby inside
- No injuries have been reported as of the recall date
- Stop using the stroller and car seat in combination
- Contact Combi for a free repair kit
- Kit includes straps to secure the car seat to the frame and instructions to correctly install them
- Until the repair kit is installed, the car seat and stroller may safely be used separately
Contact Information for Combi
- Call Combi USA toll-free at 888-232-3294
- From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time – Monday through Friday
- Or go online to combiusa.com and click on “safety notifications” at the bottom of the page
- Combi will notify consumers who have already registered the product
- The model numbers are printed on labels on the car seat’s base and on the stroller’s leg.
- The name Shuttle is printed above the model number
- The company name Combi is printed on the front of the stroller and car seat
Your child’s health and safety are of the utmost importance to us here at Bard & Didriksen Pediatrics, so please contact us with any questions or concerns about this or any other product.